Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Church helps single mum keep her yearly resolution

KLANG: Monica de Souza’s New Year resolution has been the same for the past three years.

Every year this single mother of five vows not to give up hope and prays for the will and determination to raise her children, aged between 14 and seven, into responsible adults.

“My children are my world, especially since my husband Ben (David Eric) died suddenly three years ago,” said the 40-year-old de Souza.

But thanks to the pastor and congregation of the Church of Shekinah Glory, they have managed to survive.

De Souza receives a monthly allowance and groceries from the church and its congregation.

“With what I get from the church and my earnings as a babysitter, I am able to pay the RM500 rental for the house as well as put my children through school,” said de Souza, who lives in Taman Klang Jaya near here.

Comment: this is what should we do as Jesus's followers.

No comments: